National

Four die in Spain mining accident

Four people died and two were missing following an accident on Monday at a coal mine in Spain’s northern region of Asturias, officials said.

Another three people were seriously injured and taken to the hospital, the central government’s office in Asturias said in a statement.

Two of the injured had burns while the third suffered a blow to the head, it added.

Local emergency services said on X that they were informed of an “incident” at around 9:30 am (0730 GMT).

They were later informed that there “had been a problem with a machine”, without giving further details.

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez sent his “sincere condolences” to the families of the victims and wished a “speedy recovery” to the injured in a message posted on X.

“I would like to thank the emergency services who are working on the rescue operation,” he added.

AFP

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express authorized consent from NewsNGR.

Contact: [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button